The 33 Best Etsy Shops For Home Furnishings

Do you know how many Etsy shops there are?

Millions

Therefore, doing a guide (that doesn’t take six months) to put together the 30, no wait, 33 best Etsy shops is probably a little crazy.

Okay, it’s a lot crazy.

But when did that ever stop me? haha.

Before I go on, I need you to know that every single link on here is an affiliate link. And if it’s not, it’s an oversight. :]

That means that if you buy something, (and by all means, it’s absolutely fine if you don’t.) I might make a little commish at no extra charge to you. Brilliant form of marketing. It’s like a toll road for consumers.

I’ve been combing Etsy for years now, and have discovered some of the most awesome Etsy shops for home furnishings.

Before I go on. I shouldn’t presume that everyone knows what Etsy is.

Etsy, if you don’t already know is an online market of items with an emphasis on hand-crafted, vintage and antique.

So, let’s begin with:

ART

There are a lot of wonderful sources for art and much of it is original by “starving local artists.”

Well, they’re local somewhere. ;] You might recall that there was a post about a year ago where I attempted to kill myself by virtually recreating Maura Endres’ incredible art wall.

Here they are:

The Atelier Collection – Gorgeous original art. Beautifully framed.

Bruno Monteiro – miniature, charming paintings. But I think that he’ll do something larger for you, if you ask.

Lola Donaghue – Large colorful abstract prints. Very reasonably priced.

Rendered Impressions – lovely original oil on canvas.

White Barn Studios Best Etsy Shops - Charming art prints

White Barn Studios – more charm. And these prints are from the artist originals. She also does medium-small versions.

COLLECTIBLES

Amazing Silver – An extensive line of vintage and antique silver pieces. I featured some lovelies in this post about lovely Sarah McGee last fall.

please calm down Sarah! ;] (I should talk!)

Chante Duc – French antique and vintage collectibles and home furnishings. Gorgeous creamware, transferware and the like.

Maintenant – Exquisite French antiques and vintage pieces.

Tao Accents –  They carry Legend of Asia and have the best prices I have found online. They don’t show most of the pieces in their Etsy shop, but I’m sure that they can get anything for you.

The Ironstone Cottage – Guess what they carry? And it’s all gorgeous!

Vintagerous – Fabulous vintage glassware and china. Very colorful.

Here is another post from last year that featured a lot of Etsy beautiful collectibles.

FURNITURE

Bucks County Estate Traders – They have everything. HUGE COLLECTION!

English Classics – Great prices on classic English pieces. Most are 20th century. They also make new pieces in the English style. They made a gorgeous painted breakfront for a client of mine several years ago.

Chatsworth Antiques –  Local source I have been to a number of times. They always have beautiful vintage and antique furnishings at very good prices.

Vintage Refined Decor - One of the Best Etsy Shops

Vintage Refined Decor – Beautiful vintage pieces which they will gladly make even more beautiful with paint. They can be customized in any painted finish you like or if stained can remain that way too. Great prices!

Erin Lane Estate – Exquisite and on the higher-end, classic and traditional vintage and antique home furnishings with an emphasis on Asian.

custom grasscloth console tables - Liven Up Design -one of the best Etsy shops

Liven Up Design – Incredible custom-made benches out of gorgeous fabrics and grass-cloth covered tables of all kinds and more. Above are two small navy grass-cloth covered consoles.

Palm Beach Regency – beautiful Hollywood Reg. Great prices and a lovely collection. Some pieces, you might want to repaint, or not.

Verona Vintage Home – Cool vintage pieces.

Stenella Antiques – Some wonderful traditional vintage furniture and antiques.

LIGHTING

While there’s a lot of lighting on Etsy, it’s a little spotty for shops that focus only on cool lighting. Many shops do have great lighting, however and I’ve linked to some beauties in the widget, below. But, if anyone knows of any great lighting sources on Etsy, please share.

PILLOWS  – Fabrics and Window Treatments

If I don’t comment it doesn’t mean that they aren’t as good. They’re all wonderful!

Well, I guess we all know that if you want to find cool pillow covers, Etsy is a terrific resource.

There are many sources that make pillows with designer fabrics. And please be sure to visit, Stuck on Hue owned by our own Hollie Rich

Arianna Belle

Elegant Fabrics – 100s of gorgeous high-end fabrics from the likes of Lee Jofa and Scalamandre and many others. I gather that these piece are remnants. But the prices are really fantastic! Oh, and it’s based in Canada.

JLL Home Store - Best Etsy Shops - Beautiful Draperies and Pillows

JLL Home Store – Gorgeous window treatments and pillows. (See above) The drapery fabric is by John Robshaw for Duralee. We did it for Roman shades for a job a few years ago. You can see it here.  There are two blue colorways and I believe that ours is the lighter one.

Luxe Decor – A Canadian company!

Lynn Chalk – pillows and gorgeous custom window treatments. Her pillows are more expensive and I’m not positive, but I think that she includes the down and feather inserts.

If you’re looking for pillow inserts, here’s a whole bunch of them. Please remember that if the pillow is 16″ on any side, the insert needs to be two inches larger. Smaller than 16″, one inch is fine.

Motif Pillows – Many beautiful designer fabrics and featuring some of the more obscure fabric designers such as Peter Dunham, Robert Kime and Schuyler Samperton

Pop O’ Color

Southern Shades

Stuck on Hue one of the best Etsy shops for pillowsStuck on Hue   Beautiful pillows above, by Hollie Rich.

The Pillow Studio Shop

West End Accents

Many of these companies feature in the palette portion of the Laurel Home Essential Paint Color and Palette Collection. And a lot of these sources are in Laurel’s Rolodex as well.

RUGS

I have to tell y’all that I got a rug on Etsy about three months ago; a relatively small runner. This is a situation where it was a failure of epic proportions.

• It looked funny in the kitchen.
  • The rug stank or stunk, not sure which one.

Whatever. It smelled like dead sheep. And I don’t care if that’s how it’s supposed to smell. I’m not into eau de farm animal which in my 800 sq foot apartment is quite overwhelming.

In fact, the smell was so wretched that I marched that stinky goat downstairs and stuck it in the washing machine on gentle with some Arm and Hammer.

I took it back upstairs when it was done and after its bath, it smelled like wet, dead sheep that had been soaked in a little detergent. But I figured that I needed to let it dry in the living room. Maybe in time the smell would dissipate?

It did not.

The next day after that bad boy was dry, I realized that the “hand-knotted” design had FADED.

Can’t say that I was surprised. The design is not actually woven with different colors of yarn, but it is a stamped or printed on the flat-weave knots. No wonder those rugs are so cheap.

So, what did I do? Well, after deciding that it was him or me, I rolled it up and laid it down gently in the trash room in my building. Hopefully, one of the maintenance guys took it home.

End of story. I suppose that you’d like to know the source. I’d go look it up, but the woman was very nice and I don’t feel like it. Just be careful of those Turkish antique-y looking rugs that are anything but.

But, this source below, has hundreds of fine rugs. They are located, coincidentally, near where I used to live in northern Westchester– Katonah, NY.

khotan rug from Old New House One of the Best Etsy

Old New House – has thousands of rugs of all shapes and sizes. Most are vintage and antique.  I don’t recognize their names, but they are part of the Dilmaghani family and that is a well-known respected source for fine Oriental rugs in Westchester County.

And that’s all for me. But if you know of other great shops I’ll add them to the list.

Thanks to all who’ve purchased my new blogging guide!

Oh dear me! Heavens to Etsy!!!

I almost forgot the best part which is all of the cool furnishings I found in the source linked above.

Here it is!

PS: I think that the contractor is supposed to start to work on my bedroom on Monday. I’m so behind, it’s not funny. But I’m only three people. haha. The wallpaper from Mural Sources arrived about three weeks ago!

PPS: Please don’t forget to check out the hot sales, if you’re interested. And on the hot clothes page is a second widget for Mother’s Day. A lot of the clothes have great things too and those are all on sale. Also. Etsy is a terrific source for gifts for mother’s day.

But I also love Terrain. And there are several items linked to there, but it was difficult to choose because everything they have is fabulous!

• Ellen - May 15, 2018 - 8:05 PM

I always enjoy your articles and this one about Etsy is awesome. I was wanting to know if you have a post on mixing styles of furniture or rules for mixing style and color etc. I was decorating in pale blue and gray, and then I fell in love with a Four Seasons sofa in Sunbrella Sahara fabric with Navy welt that is a large deep traditional rolled arm style. I’m not in to matchy pieces, but since I’m starting over with this light oatmeal color I’m at a loss for pairing a loveseat and chair. Do you have an idea where you may have an article that could help me?
    I appreciate any help to point me in the right direction.
    Than you,
    EllenReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 15, 2018 - 8:12 PM

Ellen tonight’s post coming out very soon touches on this subject, but it’s sooooo broad that it’s almost impossible to cover. The idea though, is to look at everything together, if not in person, than a photo, if you can make a mood board, somehow is very helpful.ReplyCancel

• Virginia Valencia - May 4, 2018 - 10:13 PM

Dear Laurel, You’ve done it again! Your post is spot on for my interests…thank youReplyCancel

• Hollie @ Stuck on Hue - May 4, 2018 - 10:53 AM

Laurel! Thank you a million times over for continuing to support my pillow business. I am a team of one, which means I do everything from sourcing, to answering questions, to cutting, sewing and shipping. I take quality and customer service very seriously and I believe it shows in my work. And I’m incredibly lucky when someone like Sarah McGee buys my pillows because I know she will style them beautifully.

One thing I do need to clarify is that my malachite fabric is not Jim Thompson. The price would be much higher if it were, but I sourced a very similar looking fabric at a reasonable price point so that more people could afford pretty pillows in their lives!

I enjoyed this post because searching on Etsy definitely can be overwhelming. You listed a few favorites of mine and now I have several more to check out!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 4, 2018 - 12:29 PM

Hi Hollie,

Oh wow! I hate to use the word “knock-off.” but your malachite pillows look super-high-end. That’s what I love. The really expensive look, but not having to pay a fortune. Well, who doesn’t like that?ReplyCancel

• Jill - May 3, 2018 - 10:53 AM

THANK YOU…I’ll say it again…THANK YOU!!! Nothing I like better than perusing Etsy in my free time but sometimes I need to go straight to a source and shop. Happy some of my favs were on this list and plenty I had not discovered.ReplyCancel

• Suzi (The Pillow Studio) - May 1, 2018 - 1:18 PM

Laurel, I am honored that the The Pillow Studio was included among these other AMAZING Etsy shops! Thank you. I love meeting other design-loving folks via Etsy.

And, thank you for for such a comprehensive list– there’s a few on here I didn’t know about either. 🙂ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 1, 2018 - 2:05 PM

Hi Suzi! Oh, I’m so glad that you found the post! Your shop is way up on the list and what sets it apart from most of the others is that your images are clear and pains have been taken to color-correct the images. As someone who’s downloaded thousands of images, I can usually tell when an image has had proper editing and when they left it as is, in all of its purple-tinged hideousness. :/ And it’s not just amateur photos either!ReplyCancel

• Valerie - May 1, 2018 - 11:05 AM

I found someone that does similar leopard pillows like those on Etsy and I love them so much. (I did pick up a tiger Scalamandre one from WS Home and the velvet is technically…nicer, but the price was not.

Also found someone who does really nice linen pillows and will tailor the details and fabric thickness and zipper placement to exactly what I need.

I’m not an interior designer. I’m just picky and keep things forever if I like them. 🙂

It’s interesting to me that Etsy has completely eclipsed eBay for me as a shopper. There are so many wonderful little shops for everything from handcrafted jewelry to greeting cards. As someone who would rather pay craftspeople than big box or marketing budgets, it makes me happy.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 1, 2018 - 11:34 AM

Hi Valerie,

I think that Etsy has a much more pleasant interface than E-bay. ReplyCancel

• Danielle - May 1, 2018 - 8:42 AM

Laurel, thanks for the great sources.
    I haven’t purchased from this shop (yet!) but she gets great reviews. The lights are certainly unique & I think the prices are good, too, considering they are restored and ready to install. Beautiful Old Lights https://www.etsy.com/shop/BeautifulOldLightsReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 1, 2018 - 11:32 AM

Hi Danielle,

Some lovely designs, particularly if one is looking for Art Deco lighting. Thanks so much for sharing!

• Shannon Grethel - May 1, 2018 - 12:56 AM

I love the Resplendent Crow on Etsy. Sucheta does gorgeous custom lacquered furniture and is about half the price of other places (like The CEH, which is also on Etsy)

• Laurel Bern - May 1, 2018 - 9:35 AM

Oh my stars! Thank you Shannon! I cried when I came to the end! Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous source! I’ve already added a pair of way cool vintage neo-classical end tables. And what I love is on a piece, for example, this wonderful dresser or could be used as a buffet, she shows the before pics too.

• Katy Beacher - April 30, 2018 - 9:41 PM

Thank you for the tour of Etsy. You made me a fan!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 30, 2018 - 9:57 PM

Hi Katy,

Glad that you enjoyed the post. I had fun putting it together!ReplyCancel

• rj ceilings - April 30, 2018 - 6:15 AM

Great Blog..
    Thanks for sharingReplyCancel

• Geri L. Sprague - April 29, 2018 - 1:13 PM

I love reading your blogs and learn so much, also. You are so generous in sharing your knowledge with all. Thank you. Geri SpragueReplyCancel

• Laura Black - April 29, 2018 - 12:39 PM

Thanks for including a little “north of the border” lovin’!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 1:43 PM

Hi Laura,

It is purely coincidental, but my radar is tuned to pick it up since there are a fair number of Canadian readers and I know that you guys appreciate it. xoReplyCancel

• Charlotte - April 29, 2018 - 11:35 AM

I love etsy but there are too many choices and I could spend days on there looking through things. Thanks for narrowing some of it down!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 12:17 PM

I agree and actually, I think that Chairish has a far better search feature for narrowing down what one is looking for.ReplyCancel

• Sarah McGee - April 29, 2018 - 11:05 AM

How can I calm down?!!!!!! You DO know that I love you, right?
    My children are going to be properly ignored all day because their mother is so excited to pursue the clickhole of Etsy shops you’ve provided!!! Yippeeeeeee!!!

And SO happy to see Hollie of Stuck on Hue get a shout-out. She’s amazing. I’ve bought cases from her and she is so considerate with her placement and work. <3

I wish I lived closer so I could pester you into letting me pitch in and give you a hand with all of your fun projects. Oh well. I'll just hang here and wait to ogle them.ReplyCancel

• Hollie @ Stuck on Hue - May 4, 2018 - 10:44 AM

My pillow babies are very lucky to live with you, Sarah! Thanks so much for the love.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 11:16 AM

I love you too Sarah! If you lived closer, you would not need to pester me. I’d gladly accept the help! xoxoReplyCancel

• Jenny - April 29, 2018 - 10:49 AM

Amazing list, Laurel!

(albeit dangerous))

mostly lighting..amazing service, impeccable communication, shipping, everything. can’t recommend high enough

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for sharing that Jenny! I’ll add them to my favorites.ReplyCancel

• Julie OFlaherty - April 29, 2018 - 10:18 AM

Great website for lighting. My daughter used one of their lights in her bungalow bathroom. Very high-end looking for a reasonable price.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 10:38 AM

Hi Julie,

Thank you for sharing. That’s a lovely shop, but I’m thinking of something less modern and generic. It’s not easy to find.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 11:31 AM

I took another look and their collection is a lot more extensive than I realized. For contemporary lighting, it looks like a wonderful source!ReplyCancel

• Alison - April 29, 2018 - 3:47 AM

Thank you Laurel, there are some wonderful things there and many ship to Australia. I am seriously looking at a couple of the art prints. I have bought many rugs over the years and have learnt a few lessons along the way. I now only buy from Overstock. They ship to Australia and even with the shipping (which is not too exorbitant for most suppliers) they are still cheaper than I can buy here. The variety is so much better than home too. A great post once again thank you for your research.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - April 29, 2018 - 10:36 AM

Hi Alison,

I love Overstock too! In fact, my new bedroom rug is from there. I got it for a great price and it smells okay.ReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *