The 50 Best Etsy Shops For Home Furnishings

Do you know how many Etsy shops there are?

Millions

Therefore, doing a guide (that doesn’t take six months) to put together the 30, no wait, 50 best Etsy shops is probably a little crazy.

Okay, it’s a lot crazy.

But when did that ever stop me? haha.

Before I go on, I need you to know that every single link on here is an affiliate link. And if it’s not, it’s an oversight. :]

That means that if you buy something, (And, by all means, it’s absolutely fine if you don’t.) I might make a little commish at no extra charge to you.

I’ve been combing Etsy for years now, and have discovered some of the most awesome Etsy shops for home furnishings.

Now, in case you think you’ve seen this post before, you’re partially right. You saw one that had 33 sources. This one has removed a couple because they no longer exist and then added another 20, I think it actually is.

Before I go on. I shouldn’t presume that everyone knows what Etsy is.

Etsy, if you don’t already know is an online market of items with an emphasis on hand-crafted, vintage and antique.

So, let’s dig in and begin with:

Best Etsy Shops for ART

There are a lot of wonderful sources for art and much of it is original art by “starving local artists.”

Well, they’re local somewhere. ;] You might recall that there was a post about a couple of years ago where I attempted to kill myself by virtually recreating Maura Endres’ incredible art wall.

And, there are many new and wonderful sources in this section:

The Atelier Collection – Gorgeous original art. Beautifully framed.

Bruno Monteiro – miniature, charming paintings. But I think that he’ll do something larger for you, if you ask.

Best of Etsy - Gallery Paintings Art Cow painting

Gallery Paintings Art – Large collection of original oils on canvas, beautifully rendered. The one above, is from their collection.

Greene Gems – Actually, this cool company has a lot of hand-made jewelry as well as original art.

Lola Donaghue – Large colorful abstract prints. Reasonably priced.

Rendered Impressions – lovely original oil on canvas.

Studio 155 – Lovely source of small original landscapes and seascapes, mostly

Tim Pfeiffer Paintings – Small landscape original works with a European touch.

White Barn Studios Best Etsy Shops - Charming art prints

White Barn Studios – more charm. And these prints are from the artist originals. She also does medium-small versions.

I did not add these in, but I certainly could have if there were 50 hours in one day.

But, last spring, you may recall that I did a post about some fabulous Chinoiserie wall panels and most are from Etsy.

Actually, it was two posts. Here’s the second one.

Best Etsy Shops for COLLECTIBLES

Acanthus AntiquesEstate Jewelry, Period Furniture, Decorative and Fine Art

Amazing Silver – An extensive line of vintage and antique silver pieces. I featured some lovelies in this post about lovely Sarah McGee a while back.

Chante Duc – French antique and vintage collectibles and home furnishings. Gorgeous creamware, transferware and the like.

EastAntique – hundreds of gorgeous antique Chinoiserie porcelains and Asian ceramics.

Guam Antiques N stuff – Gorgeous porcelains and more!

Maintenant – Exquisite French antiques and vintage pieces.

Tao Accents – They carry Legend of Asia and have the best prices I have found online. They don’t show most of the pieces in their Etsy shop, but I’m sure that they can get anything for you.

The Ironstone Cottage – Guess what they carry? And it’s all gorgeous!

Vintagerous – Fabulous vintage glassware and china. Very colorful.

Here is another post from a while back that featured a lot of Etsy beautiful collectibles.

Best Etsy Shops for FURNITURE

AntiqueByZRM – exquisite Asian antique pieces

Bucks County Estate Traders – They have everything. HUGE COLLECTION!

Chatsworth Antiques - vintage sideboard - Best Etsy Shops

Chatsworth Antiques – Local source I have been to a number of times. They always have beautiful vintage and antique furnishings at very good prices; like the serpentine sideboard above.

Diane Maries Home – Another place that takes vintage furniture pieces and fixes them up.

Deja Vu Decor – Fabulous vintage pieces and art

breakfront by English Classics
English Classics – Great prices on classic English pieces. Most are 20th century. They also make new pieces in the English style. They made a gorgeous painted breakfront for a client of mine several years ago.

Vintage Refined Decor - One of the Best Etsy Shops

Golden Lotus Antiques -HUGE collection at great prices. Half of them are on sale of Chinese antiques and some reproductions, I believe.

ashley-whittaker-inlaid-bone-coffee-table

Ashley Whittaker

Handcrafted Bone Inlay – I finally found Ashley Whittaker’s bone inlay coffee table! It’s in the widget below

Liberty & 33rd – fabulous vintage furniture

Meraki Home Design – She takes vintage pieces and refurbishes them with glossy paint and new hardware.

Vintage Refined Decor – Beautiful vintage pieces which they will gladly make even more beautiful with paint. They can be customized in any painted finish you like or if stained can remain that way too. Great prices!

custom grasscloth console tables - Liven Up Design -one of the best Etsy shops

Liven Up Design – Incredible custom-made benches out of gorgeous fabrics and grass-cloth covered tables of all kinds and more. Above are two small navy grass-cloth covered consoles. However, they make all kinds of tables, beds and other pieces. It’s a very cool source.

Verona Vintage Home – Cool vintage pieces.

Silla Ltd – Exquisite collection of high-end antiques and art. Really, it’s a must-see.

Stenella Antiques – Some wonderful traditional vintage furniture and antiques.

Best Etsy Shops for LIGHTING

While there’s a lot of lighting on Etsy, it’s a little spotty for shops that focus only on cool lighting. However, in the last year or so, some new sources have cropped up. Or, they have come to my attention.

Birchard Hayes – While they have a large collection of furniture and art, they have an extensive collection of vintage lighting.

Cristalleria Murano – Gorgeous Murano glass chandeliers. There are two in the widget below.

Marjorie Baskerville decoupage lamps - Best Etsy Shops

Marjorie Baskerville – Gorgeous Decoupage lamps like the one above

Best Etsy Shops for PILLOWS – Fabrics and Window Treatments

If I don’t comment it doesn’t mean that they aren’t as good. They’re all wonderful! However, my eyes are turning into squares. haha

Well, I guess we all know that if you want to find cool pillow covers, Etsy is a terrific resource.

And, if you want to learn ALL about throw pillows, click here. They’re more complicated than some think!

There are many sources that make pillows with designer fabrics. And please be sure to visit, Stuck on Hue owned by our own Hollie Rich

Arianna Belle

Elegant Fabrics – 100s of gorgeous high-end fabrics from the likes of Lee Jofa and Scalamandre and many others. I gather that these piece are remnants. But the prices are really fantastic! Oh, and it’s based in Canada.

JLL Home Store - Best Etsy Shops - Beautiful Draperies and Pillows

JLL Home Store – Gorgeous window treatments and pillows. (See above) The drapery fabric is by John Robshaw for Duralee. We did it for Roman shades for a job a few years ago. You can see it here. There are two blue colorways and I believe that ours is the lighter one.

Luxe Decor – A Canadian company!

Lynn Chalk one of the best Etsy shops - beautiful draperies and custom throw pillows - designer fabrics

Lynn Chalk – pillows and gorgeous custom window treatments. Her pillows are more expensive and I’m not positive, but I think that she includes the down and feather inserts.

If you’re looking for pillow inserts, here’s a whole bunch of them. Please remember that if the pillow is 16″ on any side, the insert needs to be two inches larger. Smaller than 16″, one inch is fine.

Motif Pillows – Many beautiful designer fabrics and featuring some of the more obscure fabric designers such as Peter Dunham, Robert Kime and Schuyler Samperton

Pillow Time Girls – I believe they are on vacay right now, but come back soon

Pop O’ Color

Southern Shades

Stuck on Hue one of the best Etsy shops for pillowsStuck on Hue Beautiful pillows above, by Hollie Rich.

The Pillow Studio Shop

West End Accents

Many of these companies feature in the palette portion of the Laurel Home Essential Paint Color and Palette Collection. And a lot of these sources are in Laurel’s Rolodex as well. There is another update coming in November and the vintage section will be updated, as well.

Etsy shops for RUGS

And, a cautionary tale.

I have to tell y’all that I got a rug on Etsy a while back; a relatively small runner. This is a situation where it was a failure of epic proportions.

• It looked funny in the kitchen.
  • The rug stank or stunk, not sure which one.

Whatever. It smelled like dead sheep. And I don’t care if that’s how it’s supposed to smell. I’m not into eau de farm animal which in my 800 sq foot apartment is quite overwhelming.

In fact, the smell was so wretched that I marched that stinky goat downstairs and stuck it in the washing machine on gentle with some Arm and Hammer detergent.

Then, I took it back upstairs when it was done and after its bath, it smelled like wet, dead sheep that had been soaked in a little detergent. But, I figured that I needed to let it dry in the living room. Maybe in time the smell would dissipate?

It did not.

The next day after that bad boy was dry, I realized that the “hand-knotted” design had FADED.

Can’t say that I was surprised. The design is not actually woven with different colors of yarn, but it is a stamped or printed on the flat-weave knots. No wonder those rugs are so cheap.

So, what did I do? Well, after deciding that it was him or me, I rolled it up and laid it down gently in the trash room in my building. Hopefully, one of the maintenance guys took it home.

End of story. I suppose that you’d like to know the source. I’d go look it up, but the woman was quite nice and I don’t feel like it. Just be careful of those Turkish antique-y looking rugs that are anything but.

But, this source below, has hundreds of fine rugs. They are located, coincidentally, near where I used to live in northern Westchester– Katonah, NY.

khotan rug from Old New House One of the Best Etsy

Old New House – has thousands of rugs of all shapes and sizes. Most are vintage and antique. I don’t recognize their names, but they are part of the Dilmaghani family and that is a well-known respected source for fine Oriental rugs in Westchester County.

Oh, dear me! Heavens to Etsy!!! :]

I almost forgot the best part which are some of my favorite pieces from the 50 best Etsy shops for home furnishings

Here it is!

please click on any image below for more information

Best of Etsy - 50 best etsy shops

please pin this image to your pinterest boards

PS: Please check out the hot sales. Some crazy mad sales going on this weekend. And, the Serena and Lily Upholstery sale is ending September 18, 2019 at 11:59PM PT

• Lorri - September 17, 2019 - 4:25 PM

It’s taken me a lot of years also! 😉ReplyCancel

• Veronica G - September 17, 2019 - 4:16 PM

I am new to your blog. I found it while searching for the perfect white paint colors. I am renovating a 1930s home in Texas. It has a bay window seat, a breakfast nook seat, and a window seat in my sons room. I am searching for a place to make great window seat cushions. Do you have a favorite place for that on Etsy?

Your blog is AMAZING! Cant believe I just came across it!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 17, 2019 - 5:58 PM

Thank you so much Veronica and welcome! This link will take you to folks who make window seat cushions.

I’ve never used anyone so can’t make a recommendation, but of course, read the reviews. But, here’s the thing. If it’s a long-distance source, you’ll have to make a template and mail it to them. Trust me. It’s not that easy to do. And then, they’ll need to ship it back to you and that could get quite expensive.

Unless you can find someone local on Etsy, I would suggest finding another upholsterer who is. That way, they can make the template and will be responsible if it doesn’t fit. And they can drive it over to you when it’s finished. Plus, upholstery companies usually have lots of books and/or loose samples for you to choose fabrics. Or, you could get the fabric yourself.

One of my favorite sources for wonderful decorative fabrics is Decorator’s Best. ReplyCancel

• Charlotte Withrow - September 16, 2019 - 11:53 AM

Thank you so much for your posts.ReplyCancel

• Lorri - September 16, 2019 - 10:27 AM

I can’t live without Etsy.

For the person who say they get overwhelmed by all the choices, I hear you.

The key to making it work, is to narrow your search terms. For instance, specify what color throw pillows you’re looking for.

The other thing is to create a “Favorites” list with your Etsy account. Over time, you build up favorite objects and favorite shops. Then if you start with your favorite objects and shops, you’ll be working with a narrowed list of sources you already know you like.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 17, 2019 - 1:09 AM

Yeah… That’s how I came up with my list.:] But some folks might like a short-cut. It’s taken years to create my favorite shops.ReplyCancel

• Pat - September 16, 2019 - 6:43 AM

Thank you Laurel for your indepth research on Etsy. I also love Etsy. It sure is a gem!ReplyCancel

• Jenne - September 15, 2019 - 11:53 PM

That’s it! That’s the mural!! Thank you so much, Laurel!ReplyCancel

• Jenne - September 15, 2019 - 11:19 PM

So many wonderful Etsy shops to explore — Thank you, Laurel!

I’m wondering if you can help with a small mystery… I swear when I read the post this morning there was a charming pic of a blue & white mural (forest scene, rabbit, maybe a fox –the animals were on the right side of the wall, I think next to a fire place). However, when I came back this evening to re-read and explore some of the links *poof* that pic was gone!
    So either, A.) you edited the post or, B.) the pic was a pop-up. In which case my search engine’s algorithm, after lo these many years, finally produced something worth clicking on! And I missed it –grrrr! or C.) I hallucinated really cool wallpaper mural.

Any idea of what it was I saw?
    Thanks so much for all the wonderful posts. Your blog is a delight.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 11:45 PM

Hi Jenne,

Oh gosh. I have not removed any images. I did add a couple, however. It is possible that it was an ad. No, wait. I know what you saw. You saw the blog home page with the thumbnail image. It’s from the fireplace mantel shop on Etsy. Hang on. I’ll see what I can find out and I’ll link to the source, at least. Okay, the image is on this page. Maybe the shop owner can help you, if you write them? It looks to be a hand-painted mural. I love it too!ReplyCancel

• Laura - September 15, 2019 - 5:54 PM

This post is a treasure, as is your whole site! Thanks! Did you warn these vendors of the coming deluge of orders??ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 11:14 PM

lol, no, I didn’t Laura. But every once in a while, someone will trace it back to here and they’ll send a thank you email. I love these kinds of posts. Everyone wins!ReplyCancel

• Dian Jones - September 15, 2019 - 5:06 PM

Wonderful resource. I’m always frustrated though that I cannot save to Pinterest from their pages. It the place I save ideas for my home.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 11:12 PM

Hi Dian,

Thank you. If you download the pinterest browser extension, you can pin images off of any website whether or not they have provided a pin it button. Here is a link to the page on Pinterest that tells you how to do that.

You can also use the tailwind app, but that is more of a tool for business accounts that sends pins to be pinned at optimal times. But, it also puts a way to save images to your boards from anywhere on the internet.ReplyCancel

• Gail Caryn - September 15, 2019 - 2:39 PM

Heavens to Etsy! LOL. Of the countless gifts I’ve received from you, the introduction to Etsy has to be one of my faves. I just ordered the most wonderful candle sconces to flank the mantel. Thanks for the Canadian sources too! All the best from the Pacific Northwest.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 4:27 PM

Same to you Gail. Hope your weather is as good as ours today. September is a good weather month, most years.ReplyCancel

• Mary E - September 15, 2019 - 2:28 PM

Thanks for these new-to-me Etsy vendors. This will come in handy soon. I try to do all my Christmas shopping on Etsy. I love supporting small businesses. And you can’t beat the prices. Plus I can do all my shopping while I’m in my bathrobe & slippers.
    I’ll be spending some time trying to decide which miniature painting to get. I love hanging small artwork on my kitchen backsplash with 3M strips.
    I hope you have a great week! 😘ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 4:26 PM

I love that look too, with the small artwork in a kitchen. And, Etsy is a terrific place to do Christmas shopping. There are so many charming artisan gifts.ReplyCancel

• Julie Shuchman - September 15, 2019 - 11:49 AM

What a fantastic post! I adore Etsy and like supporting small businesses who can create such beauty, but sometimes I’m overwhelmed by the site and I’ve been missing a lot. This is so helpful as a guide to navigate all the great products! I’m a fan of Ashley Whitaker and really liked seeing the bone inlay coffee table. Now I know what my next purchase will be. Thanks, Laurel!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 12:53 PM

Thanks so much Julie. I was mighty excited when I saw the table, as well!ReplyCancel

• Sarah Rideout - September 15, 2019 - 10:12 AM

Whew I am exhausted from reading and clicking back and forth with this post, very comprehensive! I bought a small oil (5×7) from Bruno Monteiro and LOVE.IT. The depth is amazing. Thank you and have a wonderful Sunday.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 10:48 AM

Oh, that’s wonderful to know, Sarah. He’s very talented.ReplyCancel

• Deborah Coons - September 15, 2019 - 6:28 AM

Thanks, Laurel — GREAT post! I love Etsy, have used several of these vendors over the past few years very successfully and it’s fabulous to have this list all in one place.

DebReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - September 15, 2019 - 10:47 AM

Glad you enjoyed the post Deb. These types of posts are a fun challenge. But, I always want to do more!ReplyCancel