Who’s Going To Decorate the New Home of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry?

To be honest, which I always am in these matters, I would never have thought to write about decorating the new home of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, the newly appointed Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

But a reader suggested it. And forgive me, but I don’t remember who or where I saw the comment.

My first thought was, ummm, no.

But, after some research, I realized (“realised” for you UK mates) that it had the makings for an interesting post. (hopefully)

I mean, if someone had told me 30 years ago that the very young Prince Harry would marry an American, divorced, bi-racial woman in 2018, I would’ve said, “I don’t think they will allow that.”

But the Royals in power have changed– a lot, it seems. And I think the wake-up call for that need, ironically came after Diana’s death. I have a lot of respect for people’s ability to change.

And then there’s Harry himself. I mean, he doesn’t exactly fit the mold of the stiff upper crust royal prince, right?

So, I needed to do some more digging to see how I might decorate the home of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. And who would be the best fit for them.

It’s certainly fun to imagine. But I need some concrete proof of their style and tastes.

A few years ago, Harry gave the BBC a tour of his living quarters while serving in Afghanistan.

bbc.com prince Harry gives a tour of his iving quarters in AfghanistanI see…

Now THAT is an unkitchen! haha

An earlier tour, it looks like.

Okay, this look is probably not going to fly for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

Since Harry’s time in the service ended, he has been living on the Kensington Palace Estate in Nottingham Cottage.

Snowdon archive-nottingham-cottage-house Prince Harry home Kensington Palace Compound - new home Meghan Markle - Prince Harry

And for those who don’t realize, he’s literally, a stone’s throw from his big bro, the Duke of Cambridge and lovely wife Kate and three children.

Aerial view of Kensington Palace, London. Photo by Andrew Parsons – PA Images/PA Images via Getty Images

William and Kate live in a 20-room apartment (1A) where the green ring is. The two-bedroom Nottingham Cottage or NottCott as it is fondly referred to by the royals is where the red ring is.

However, there is another large apartment adjacent to 1A which is Apt 1. It is a rumor that Harry and Meghan will move there. But then there’s another rumor that they are moving to a home in the country near their father’s High Grove Estate where I visited last fall.

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see how Kate and William decorate.

There are not a lot of photos of Kate’s and William’s apartment, but there are some when the Obamas came to visit a while back.

Photo by Dominic Lipinski – WPA Pool/Getty Images

Love this room! It looks like the work of Robert Kime, who’s done most if not all of Prince Charle’s homes. But, I have also read that William and Kate worked with Ben Pentreath on the rec of Charles.

You may recall that we also visited Poundbury which is one of Prince Charles’ long-term projects and Ben is one of the lead architects of this self-contained community. You can read more about that here after I visited the town last October.

Small world, ain’t it?

But before we pick a designer to work with Meghan and Harry, let’s take a quick look at Meghan’s style.

MANDATORY CREDIT: CROWN COPYRIGHT HANDOUT EDITORIAL USE ONLY/NO SALES Mandatory Credit: Photo by OWEN COOBAN/BRITISH MINISTRY OF DEFENCE/HANDOUT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock (9685536y) Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Windsor, United Kingdom - 19 May 2018 A handout photo made available by the British Ministry of Defence shows BritainPhoto by OWEN COOBAN/BRITISH MINISTRY OF DEFENCE/HANDOUT/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock (9685536y) Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in Windsor, United Kingdom – 19 May 2018

The Dress.

I’ve been so busy today that I have no idea what people are saying about it. And I know that they are going to have plenty to say because that’s what we humans like to do.

For whatever it’s worth, this is my thinking. It’s a beautiful dress, conceptually, on a gorgeous woman but somehow, I don’t find it all that becoming. The fabric seems too heavy and thick on her. And actually, I find it, dare I say, a little ill-fitting– But what do I know? I’m sure that the fashion police think it’s stunning.

However, no matter the details of the design. The point is made.

Less is more.

And I daresay that will most likely be a theme in their new home as well.

Below is a photo of Meghan’s old apartment in Toronto.

Lovely. Me like. Nothing pretentious and cute doggies too!

And this is where they fell in love in Botswana. There are a few of these cabins, so it may not have been this exact one. These fancy tents cost 1,000 pounds a day!

So, where does this leave us?

I doubt that they’ll do anything really crazy, decorating-wise, that is. It won’t be pretentious, I’m quite sure. But I sense that they are really ready for this new adult chapter in their lives and are going to want something that reflects their modernity, but still rooted in Harry’s traditional past.

Trad, for sure, but not nearly as formal as one would expect from a royal.

And while they could still work with Ben Pentreath who I know would do a fabulous job, there’s another designer who I can see working with them even more.

I’ve not really spoken of her, but I do believe that one of her images is here.

Rose Uniacke_London shop

Yes, Rose Uniacke

Frustratingly, when I was in London for about 40 hours, we drove past her shop twice and I can’t tell you how badly I wanted to jump out and go inside!

Why is Rose a great choice to design Meghan and Harry’s new home?

I don’t know if there’s a style that she falls under, but if I had to come up with one, I would say modern, minimal, traditionalist. Or maybe just modern-traditional.

I’ll draw you in easily before I hit you between the eyes with heaven on earth.

Most of these  are of Rose’s own home which she renovated not too long ago. You can read more about it in the link under her shop. (above)

Rose Uniacke - perfect designer for Meghan Markle and Prince Harry new homeThe juxtaposition of the old and new is what keeps her work fresh. Plus, heavy editing. So difficult to do.

Now, THAT is a bathroom. And it is nothing like some of the atrocities here. Remember?

The softest most soothing bedroom ever! Okay, except maybe for mine. ;] Or how it will be–one day!

This kitchen, I believe, is for Victoria Beckham. And no. There are no upper cabinets.

Gorgeous!

Yes, this is Rose’s home. Pimlico. Sick, isn’t it? I could definitely see her doing something along these lines for Meghan and Harry.

not every room needs an obvious purpose - Rose UniackeRose says, “Not every room needs an obvious purpose.” Well, perhaps, but clearly the purpose of this room is to walk in and then faint dead away on the sofa, it’s so gorgeous! haha

Above and below is more of Rose’s home.

I could see this kind of decorating (by Rose Uniacke) for the new home of Meghan Markle and Prince HarryBut as you can see below, she switches things around. That chandelier is insane!

For an incredible experience, please watch this short video where Rose narrates. I’ve watched it a few times. It’s that beautiful! And Rose has such a captivating way about her. She’s one of those “it” people. She has “it!”

But she says in the video:

“It wasn’t difficult to imagine living here.”

No shitsherlock!

I chose Rose for Meghan and Harry because of her elegant, but natural and incredibly sophisticated aesthetic. I figure that they will be needing a calming haven and I know that Rose could create that for them. Of course, you could put potato sacks in these rooms and they would look great! That’s just how exquisite the architecture is.

Below I created a widget, inspired by both Rose and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex with some of my own ideas thrown in. If you click on the images, it will take you to the sources.

Well, time will tell, how it all turns out and of course, the world will be watching. Or at least we will be trying to.

PS: please don’t forget to check out the hot sales!

• Heather - Valiant Styling - May 23, 2018 - 10:24 AM

Love Rose’s work, every room has a royal atmosphere 🙂 I especially like that black and white bedroom and that living room with the piano! But we have to admit the whole architecture of those rooms are marvelous, those big windows are something to die for.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 23, 2018 - 11:40 AM

Hi Heather,

Yes, indeed. The home is an architectural crown-jewel amongst thousands of jewels in London!ReplyCancel

• Amy - May 22, 2018 - 9:33 AM

I’m really disappointed there are no pictures of the decorations from both receptions. 🙁ReplyCancel

• Lara - May 21, 2018 - 4:14 PM

Oh my goodness – what a little slice of heaven to see your photos and the video of Rose Uniacke’s home. If I set foot in there, I would never want to leave. That video is something to study, LOL.
    Thank you for sharing these with us Laurel. And wouldn’t it be fun if Harry and Meghan really did choose her?ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 21, 2018 - 5:23 PM

Hi Lara,

It would be a lot of fun! But it would be fun if they worked with Ben Pentreath too.ReplyCancel

• Travis - May 21, 2018 - 1:06 PM

Hi Laurel, some very nicely decorated and very beautiful rooms with great editing as you mentioned. You have answered a lot of questions about lighting on your blog and for some reason the chandeliers in some of the rooms, while beautiful, seem out of place to me. For instance wouldn’t the bedroom chandelier look better if it was anchored above a small table and two slipper chairs perhaps? The two pendant lights in the Beckham kitchen seem to be floating anomalously over nothing?? Then there is the living area where it seems the lighting has been placed over the walkway because it was centered in the room instead of being centered on the fireplace and above the seating arrangement. The dining chandelier also doesn’t appear centered over the dining table? Honestly, Meghan’s sleeves didn’t jump out at me but the lighting in these photos does. Just curious as to your thoughts–the lighting is amazing and such a statement and that is what made me take more notice of the placement in the rooms.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 21, 2018 - 4:08 PM

Hi Travis,

Well, now that you mention it, the chandelier in the living/dining area appears to migrate. It appears more than just a camera angle, but who knows? Maybe they photo-shopped it in there? The neutral bedroom does look a little low. I noticed that one. But they often do things for photos to make them look better. ReplyCancel

• Shelby - May 21, 2018 - 12:56 PM

Sounds like the wedding was lovely; I’m sorry to have missed it now!
    Thank you for the intro to Rose Uniacke! Her work (and home) is beautiful! Looking forward to watching the videos later.ReplyCancel

• Emily Sandelin - May 21, 2018 - 10:47 AM

Fun and timely post! IMO the dress was lovely. Had a beautiful sheen to it, fabulous boat neck, and was really set off by the gorgeous train. The train was embroidered with flowers from all the English counties and the dress was made, I think, to be a foil for the train. I also loved dress #2, which was still modest but revealed those fit arms.ReplyCancel

• Fenella - May 23, 2018 - 11:27 AM

Almost, but not quite: her train was embroidered with flowers from all the countries in the British Commonwealth, not English counties. The Commonwealth is made up of countries that used to be part of the British Colonies, pretty much, from big ones such as Canada and Australia, and teenyweeny ones like The Bahamaas.

• Laurel Bern - May 23, 2018 - 11:58 AM

Hi Fenella,

Thank you for clarifying that. Of course, no one would know about the flowers unless they were told. :] But the idea is brilliant.

And the veil was incredibly lovely.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 21, 2018 - 12:50 PM

Thank you Emily!ReplyCancel

• Lisa - May 20, 2018 - 10:01 PM

Thank you! Totally agree with you about the dress. The fabric was too heavy and flat, it needed a bit of sheen to give it some dimension. I understand what she was going for, and she hit all the other wedding marks it seems, but the fit of the dress didn’t do her justice.ReplyCancel

• Diane - May 20, 2018 - 7:29 PM

Thanks to your link, I’ve now become totally obsessed with “Nowness”…Oh my goodness.ReplyCancel

• Ramona - May 20, 2018 - 6:09 PM

Well, I seem to hit wrong thing to post out of brain damage.

Something was wrong with the double faced fabric Megan’s dress was made of. I read double/double faced. It worked for skirt lines but not for top. They should have made top out of a double layer of un-faced silk cady (the fabric noted as used). Maybe it didn’t work.

For the price this must have cost, it should have been perfect.

I like the neckline a lot and the veil also. I can’t see the lines of the skirt in the back although I think the train worked.

Also, those are 7/8ths length sleeves, not 3/4.

Short of keeping the top light to her frame, that fabric was always going to be weird.

No kudos to designer for that as she should have been able to steer Megan clear of that problem.

As to your choice for their home: superb.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:29 PM

Hi Ramona,

I do see the original comment and am inferring that you meant for this comment to be published? I’ll save it for a while, and if that’s not correct, please let me know. And thank you for your thoughts as well!ReplyCancel

• Ramona - May 21, 2018 - 2:52 PM

It is weird that I sometimes can’t see them in line for approval, but no matter. Now when I don’t, I will wait to see if it goes up later.

My lost longer quote was essentially the same.

Something about that fabric was just wrong on top. As others have stated, including you, too thick. Oprah’s dress was remade overnight. Megan’s surely could have been refitted.

Perhaps the designer did not ask her to put on the dress during the last few days before the wedding.

Still, lovely wedding with a great sermon and delicious music.

I am very happy to see that Diana’s children seem to have a chance at long lasting happiness.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 21, 2018 - 4:10 PM

Hi Ramona,

Everything’s coming through on my end and I published the other comment, too. Wasn’t sure if you wanted me to, or not.ReplyCancel

• Ramona - May 20, 2018 - 5:15 PM

As to the dress, as a seamstresses daughter who is also a part time seamstress, I wondered hard about the fabric. Then I read it was double bonded silk cady. I really don’t know what double bonded means in the fabric world. Bonded fabrics are two layered; this seemed to be four layered?

It sounded like the designer did the bonding in house. I found that really strange. But from what I can guess about the process, that would force the fabric into an unyielding shell.

I believe they were trying to get a certain effect on the skirt which I think they achieved. They should have used an unbonded double layer on the top. But perhaps that didn’t look right either if they tried it.

I liked the neckline but am still puzzling out the skirt as there are no good pictures of how the skirt extended into the train. The veil was gorgeous.

It wasn’t my taste which would lean towards something more avant-guard and decorated with something, even small tucks.

It makes me crazy when I read those were 3/4 length sleeves: they were 7/8ths.

But the Queen must approve, so, given the Queen’s choices in clothing and colors, I would guess Megan got off as well as can be expected. That nightmare they put Diana in still makes me cringe.

I didn’t care much for the second dress either. Very ordinary.

For the price? Unforgivable. Perhaps Megan is at fault in calling for something that could not be done.

Now, the gorgeous decorating suggestions above are right up my alley. I think I tend to go further than I want to under the pressure of a lot of overdecorated, for me, examples.

Love those traditional spaces updated to a simple style with pokes of modern.ReplyCancel

• susie - May 20, 2018 - 5:09 PM

Loved Meghan wedding dress and bouquet. American brides could take a hint—don’t have a slutty gown that shows too much skin and is too tight-fitting. And no visible tattoos, please!! Best dressed wedding guest–Mrs. George Clooney. Many years of happiness to Harry and Meghan!! Do a search for matte black walls and emerald sofa for the décor I’d like for Harry and Meghan.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:27 PM

Hi Susie,

I did a search, but not sure what it is I’m supposed to find. Black walls can be awesome if done right! One thing that I’ve discovered in recent years, however. I love matte walls too, but very dark colors if done in a matte finish can “chalk,” meaning that if one rubs against them, they make a chalky mark that’s difficult to remove.ReplyCancel

• Mel - May 20, 2018 - 4:58 PM

You are spot on with regard to the dress. I’m a fashion designer. Fabric was very thick for this silhouette and she needed one or two more fittings for sure! To me, the dress was wearing her. It was too big. The knockoffs will be better.
    Anyway, I love the concept and she looked lovely.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:23 PM

Hi Mel,

Thank you for stating in professional terms, the issue. But yes she could’ve walked down the aisle in a burlap sack and still would’ve been gorgeous!ReplyCancel

• karen - May 20, 2018 - 4:57 PM

Thanks for the introduction to nowness! I enjoyed Rose’s video and watched a few more. I totally agree with your comments about the dress. The fabric seemed suited for a winter wedding. Overall, it was a glorious day~ perfect weather~ for a wedding in England. I still want a piece of cake. I wonder if she’ll put it on the bakery menu! When do you think they took family photos? Everyone seemed to scatter right after. Photos of the wedding party on the steps would of been beautiful!
    karenReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:22 PM

Hi Karen,

That’s an interesting observation about the winter wedding. After-all, the dress must’ve been designed several months ago when it was colder.ReplyCancel

• nicola chipps - May 20, 2018 - 3:01 PM

Thank you for this reference point on Rose Uniacke to represent clean, modern Britsh design. (*The Nowness video is endlessly inspiring!)

Quintessential Britsh design today is an embodiment of a modern, relaxed style of life, and while contemporary, it’s always informed by deep regard for it’s rich history. Rose’s extraordinary home , much like Jasper Conran’s beautiful country residence is a glorious example of preserving period style. Although a once grand stage lingers in the background, thier homes are infused with a simple and unpretentious lifestyle given to well-edited modern comfort.

The new Duke and Duchess of Sussex so well stated this consummate understanding of British style on their triumphant wedding day. They are reinventing the tradition of British monarchy for a truly modern world. And coming from me, that’s just a British girl’s most heartfelt opinion. xoReplyCancel

• Chris - May 20, 2018 - 1:09 PM

Laurel, a perfect pick choosing Rose Uniacke! I agree!

I thought Megan looked refreshingly natural. The simple hair with its little escaping tendrils and the lack of heavy makeup was just so sweet. Her and Harry’s facial expressions said it all, everything else with moot.

In this App driven, photoshopped and Instagrammed world, where everything is ridiculously and unnaturally perfect, I applaud Megan’s images.
    Even the loose dress, was refreshing.

I do bet she lost some unexpected weight in the end due to nerves, and there was no time to re-fit the dress.

I’m not a romantic and I didn’t follow the wedding, but I wish these to all the best…they seem truly quite in love during the ceremony and to compliment each other.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:15 PM

Hi Chris,

I do agree that the idea of her being more natural was on the money. It’s just that I noticed the dress much more than the woman and IMO wasn’t the most flattering. And I don’t mean that it needed to be as fitted as some dresses. It’s the fabric and how thick it is, that’s bothering me. But of course, it matters not, in the end. I wish them every happiness!ReplyCancel

• Mary MacKenzie - May 20, 2018 - 12:03 PM

Completely agree with you about the dress. It could have been so much better. Lots of little tweaks I would have done. The video is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. You’re always “right on!”ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:11 PM

Thanks so much Mary. It’s more difficult to be objective about oneself. :]ReplyCancel

• Sarah McGee - May 20, 2018 - 11:13 AM

So cool! Another designer to fall in love with, one I’d never heard of!
    And that gorgeous sofa! Anthro has one with similar lines I’ve been eyeing for a while now. Dangit. I just may need it.

(I agree about the dress)

xoReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:24 AM

Hi Sarah,

Oh yes, that’s right. Anthro does have a similar sofa and they have one or did similar to Ben Pentreath’s designed by Max Rollitt for probably five times as much $.ReplyCancel

• Nancy R. - May 20, 2018 - 11:02 AM

I agree the fit of Meghan’s Givenchy gown was surprisingly off, especially since the dress it was custom made to her figure and cost about as much as my house. The late Hubert de Givenchy must be rolling in his grave at the hit and miss fit.

I’ve also read Prince Charles was very disappointed by the way Kate Middleton decorated her country house, Anmer Hall (but not not her residence at Kensington Palace). He thought Kate’s decor looked like Pottery Barn. So I’m sure Meghan will go out of her way to avoid a bland commercial look.

I think you’ve nailed Rose Uniacke as the obvious choice for Meghan Markle. And there’s only one degress of separation between the two since wedding guest and Royal pal Victoria Beckham (probably) used Rose to design her kitchen.

By the way, what do you think of Rose’s rustic reclaimed wood plank floors mixed with all the elegant furniture? Is that something we could do in our own houses? My den has a few elegant pieces in the mix, and I’ve been debating whether or not a reclaimed wooden plank floor would look too jarring.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 12:01 PM

Hi Nancy,

I loved that old scrubbed pine, but if it’s in one room, it needs to be in the other rooms that have wood floors, or at least something close. That’s my feeling about that.ReplyCancel

• Michele - May 20, 2018 - 10:21 AM

Haha, Harry’s unkitchen.Too funny. I loved Meghan’s Stella dress, but I was shocked when I saw her arrive at the church. Her wedding dress was not my cup of tea, although her veil was stunning. Still, a beautiful wedding and I wish them a lifetime of happiness. Maybe they will invite you over the pond to do some decorating? Add a bit of American into the mix? Rose’s home is lovely. Thanks for your post!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:57 AM

Hi Michele,

I imagine that one has to sign “do not disclose agreements” up the wazoo. You guys would beat it out of me. lolReplyCancel

• The Hyphenated Home - May 20, 2018 - 9:30 AM

This is actually such a fun post! I had never heard of Rose Uniacke– her work is gorgeous.ReplyCancel

• Connie Fowler - May 20, 2018 - 8:31 AM

I loved the wedding–I found it fresh and modern. The combination of the dress and tiara/veil combination was lovely. So is this home you have highlighted. Gorgeous! I agree that this designer would be a good choice, if it can’t be you!!

I love reading your blog, and I learn so much.

ConnieReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:55 AM

Hi Connie,

Oh that is too kind, but I don’t work long-distance. LOLReplyCancel

• Beth Williams - May 20, 2018 - 7:56 AM

The wedding was beautiful. The above rooms look very traditional, and I would love to have them use Kelly Hoppen who is based in London decorate for them. Harry seems like he might enjoy something more up-to-date. There are pictures online of contractors updating a 21 room apartment for them next to Prince William, but the renovations are not completed yet.ReplyCancel

• Joyce - May 20, 2018 - 7:51 AM

I love the wedding too! She put her mark on it! Rose’s house is stunning…. I love her aesthetic. Thank you for introducing me to her work.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:34 AM

You’re welcome Joyce. I love how we all learn from one another!ReplyCancel

• Lyn C. - May 20, 2018 - 7:11 AM

Thank you very much for including the link to the beautiful video showcasing Rose’s house. She had me at her design focus of ‘monastery meets Venetian palazzo.’ That was it, smack on. Not familiar with her work before you brought it to our attention, a big thank you for that and this exquisitely produced video along with your insightful recommendation of Rose for H&M’s consideration. A good one!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, Nowness produces THE best short videos. There’s one about ballerina Lauren Cuthbertson that I’ve watched about fifty times.

• Lyn C. - May 20, 2018 - 3:28 PM

WOW- what an exquisite video of Lauren! I lost myself in her sinuous, delicate and delicious moves, a meditative treat. Having studied ballet myself for many years, long, LONG ago, it was a special treat. You do know how to pick ’em, thank you again!ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 7:20 PM

Hi Lyn,

So glad that you enjoyed Lauren Cuthbertson! She’s in my top ten of favorite ballerinas– ever! And that video was made just after she had come back from her injury. She’s the physical embodiment of Rose’s work as a designer; a ballerina incredibly rooted in classical style and form, but also modern at the same time.ReplyCancel

• Lyn C. - May 21, 2018 - 7:25 AM

A pithily noted comparison between the two- I like how you think! Thank you for introducing a whole new way to lose myself with the lovely Nowness videos. 😉

• Kristin Dimmich - May 20, 2018 - 6:33 AM

What a fun post! I got up at 4 yesterday to watch every moment of the festivities. I loved the veil and the dress though like you thought it could have fit better. However, who in the world did her hair?!!! It was falling out all over. I know that sounds snarky… I thought the wedding was spectacular and her smile during the entire ceremony said it all.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:30 AM

Hi Kristin,

It’s funny but only WHEN I saw my wedding pics did I realize that my veil sucked. Oh well… It was the eighties. haha.

And yes, her hair was having some issues which probably showed up more on camera that sees EVERYTHING!ReplyCancel

• Diana Bier - May 20, 2018 - 6:12 AM

What a fun post! And yes, great choice of Rose Uniacke to decorate their new apartment. I’m sure their place will be chock full of those wonderful architectural details as hers is. Or you could do it, Laurel!
    About her dress, I loved it–so simple and classic. They both looked so happy, I wish them all the best.ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 11:27 AM

Yes, I hope that their union continues to bring them much happiness.ReplyCancel

• Susan Lopez - May 20, 2018 - 4:52 AM

I totally agree with you! The dress appeared to be ill fitting. The Duchess does prefer well fitted clothing as seen most recently in the black dress she wore when she arrived at the hotel with her mother. I thought that perhaps she lost a considerable amount of weight due to the wedding stress and they didn’t have time to do the alterations. Her after party dress also appeared a bit loose- not just loose fitting.

I felt that the heavier weight satin fabric overwhelmed her small frame just a bit. In particular I thought the sleeves could have been better fitted. I thought that is what couture is supposed to offer at the higher end. But I did love the overall design as it was modern and moved well.

I’m sure she’ll choose an interior designer who can meld the traditional with her modern, fresh tastes.

Thanks for the timely post.ReplyCancel

• JanetInSC - May 20, 2018 - 2:12 AM

Love the pictures, but the widget isn’t working. ReplyCancel

• Laurel Bern - May 20, 2018 - 2:20 AM

Hi Janet,

Please check your settings. I believe it’s the adblocker or something that’s set to block the widget from showing.ReplyCancel

• Suryasmiles - May 20, 2018 - 1:18 AM

I loved the wedding. I think the dress was beautuful. Perhaps she didn’t want a tight fitting dress, not the proper dress for a royal wedding. Though Kate’s was more form fitting. I loved the veil, incorporating flowers from 53 countries, the U.K. and California.

The photos from Rose’s home are gorgeous. I could move right in!ReplyCancel

• Claire Jefford - May 20, 2018 - 12:32 AM

I loved the wedding Laurel. Thank you for this post and the photos are so inspiring. Hope you enjoyed the day! XxReplyCancel

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *